Speak to Friends; Not to Stangers


THURSDAY Public Speaking Tip by Ter Scott!

Speak to Friends; not to Strangers. Several weeks before I speak to a group I find out who the “key people” are and call them. I ask them if they don’t mind me using their name in my presentation, and if they don’t mind if I “joke” about them just a bit. I also find out a few things about them that their associates know about them and what I can reveal that they don’t know about them. Later when I’m presenting and these key people laugh and feel good in the audience, this gives the others “permission” to feel at ease, laugh and have a good time. I also arrive early and greet some of the audience members as they arrive, learn something about them and impress things about them in my mind so I remember. It’s easier to speak to a group of friends than to strangers.

At your request, I will present my award winning presentation: Personal PR to your business group within a 100 mile radius of Duluth MN at no fee. In just 7 minutes your group will learn about communicating better using these simple communication altering principles from “A Short Course in Human (or Public) Relations”. You can hear the presentation at www.terscott.com/personalpr and place your request via my contact page: www.terscott.com/contact. If you live outside my hometown Duluth MN/Superior WI area, I may still be available. As a national and international speaker, I may be speaking close by. Contact my office by going to my webpage: www.terscott.com/contact and inquire.

Comments